From the Teacher:
We have just finished our very busy first week in Room 7. It’s been a great start – I think everyone is tired, but I hope happy and ready for week 2
Snack: Please send a water bottle or some type of drink with your child’s snack each day – it has been especially warm in the classroom and we want to keep them hydrated.
A few quick communication reminders
Phone Check-in: I’ll be reaching out during the next two weeks to each family for a brief check in on your child’s transition to kindergarten and to answer any questions you may have. My plan is to call the number that was starred on your orientation paperwork. If you have specific days/times that are best, please send me an email and I’ll do my best to get it scheduled.
Instagram: Please make sure you are signed up to follow us on instagram: I am planning on posting pictures at least a few times per week. Yesterday I posted pictures of the children playing a partner math game, I included everyone so be sure you swipe to see each picture included. Download the instagram app and follow fhroom7
Remind: I’ll only be using this a few times a year, but would love to have each family signed up. I can send directions home if you need it
Blog: If you’re reading this please make sure you hit the button to follow so that you’re notified each time I post. My plan is to post approximately once per month to give curriculum updates.
Field Trips: Flyers highlighting the first two field trips were sent home. Permission slips and payments are due Thursday, September 28th . We do have financial scholarships available for any family needing assistance to pay for these field trips, just let me know and I can make arrangements.
Confidentiality Meeting & CORI: Mrs. Johnson will be hosting a meeting on Tuesday, September 26 at 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. for anyone wishing to chaperone field trips or volunteer for special event days in the classroom. If you are unsure of your CORI status, send me an email and I can let you know.
Scholastic Book Orders: If you are ordering this month please submit your order online by 8:00 p.m. tonight. Thank you for supporting this program.
I love this picture of the class posing on the playground on our very first day! As you’ll see from the voices below – the playground was a popular place this week!
And now voices from the class . . .
- Jocelyn: I liked making the project for the assembly today
- Olivia T: My favorite thing this week was listening to all the stories
- Arooba: This week I liked coloring my name really fancy
- Gabriella: I liked doing The kindergarten Cheer
- Evan: This week I liked going outside to play
- Tyler: My favorite thing this week was doing Morning Meeting
- Olivia S: Making our little people was my favorite thing
- Aly: Coloring the rainbow was my favorite part of the week
- Gerry: I loved working on the math book this week
- Hunter: My favorite thing this week was going on the bus
- Blake: I liked playing with my friends at recess
- Mason: I liked getting tickets this week
- Aarna: My favorite part of the week was playing with friends at recess
- Wilson: Having snack with my friends was my favorite thing this week
- Lilah: I liked coloring my ice cream cone today
- Xavier: My favorite part was having so much fun going outside
- Ysabelle: My favorite part of the week was going on the playground
- Paige: I liked making my name with dobbers
Any questions or concerns, please reach out to me. Have a wonderful weekend!