From the teacher:
Parent Conferences: I sent home a notice yesterday with conference date options for us to meet and discuss your child’s progress in kindergarten. You may have received a second notice today and that is because I emptied folders this morning and pulled one out that had not been filled out. Since I had no idea which folder it came from, I put new forms in all folders I thought might be a possibility – sorry! If you would please return the form no later than Wednesday, that would be very helpful.
Next Week: Reminder that children are only coming to school for two days next week: Monday and Wednesday. We’ll do our best to pack a lot into those two days.
Fundations: The letter a and g will be introduced on Monday and we will spend the week of the 14th on these two letters as well. Thank you to everyone who is practicing these letters at home it really does make a difference.
Scholastic Book Club: I feel like these book orders (along with the book fair) have been one right after the other, however, in order for me to ensure that children would have any books they ordered for Thanksgiving I have set the order date for Monday, November 7th. If you order books that will be holiday gifts for your child, please let me know and I will be sure to hold them aside for you so your child doesn’t see them.
And now voices from the class:
- Hailey: I loved making our turkey today, “gobble, gobble”!
- Rida: We watched a Halloween video on Monday
- Sisira: It was fun putting the feathers on the turkey today
- Luke: I liked when we went to the library
- Vivian: I liked that we hung our temperature chain up on the wall
- Duncan: I liked making the Halloween bracelets
- Chace: I liked the poem Rain of Leaves
- Anna: I liked listening to the book at the listening center
- Claire: I liked playing the matching game at centers
- Megan: I played Jiji this week and it was fun
- Nicholas: I liked coloring my name turkey today
- Lily: I like when my book buddy read me the crayon book
- Caleb: I liked reading Pumpkin Jack
- Mady: I liked getting 10 stars this week
- Jason: I like that our turkeys have big eyes
- Xander: I liked listening to The Fox and the Falling Leaves
Below are pictures taken when children were making their name turkeys – they came out adorable.
Have a great weekend!