From the Teacher:
Well this was certainly a very quick week!
Mystery Readers: This week we were fortunate to have two mystery readers. Caleb’s Mom was here on Monday reading the classic Corduroy and Mady’s Mom was here on Friday reading and read Fancy Nancy, Ooh La La! It’s Beauty Day. We enjoyed both visits so much.
Scholastic Book Orders: If you are ordering, please place your order by 6:00 p.m. as I will be placing the class order tonight as I’m getting a few free books for the classroom if I order by the end of the night.
Field Trip: Field trip permission slip and payment are due on Monday, March 20th. I will choose chaperones by mid week so you will have as much notice as possible.
Community Helpers: We are planning our community helpers day for Friday, March 31st. If you would like to share your occupation with the kindergarten, please return the slip ASAP so we can divide up our volunteers. The program will be from 10:00-11:00. Thank you!
Parent Conferences: I’m looking forward to meeting/speaking with you regarding your child’s progress this year. I will be sending your appointment confirmation home early next week.
Here is a public service announcement from our fifth graders about a fundraising campaign they are running: The Kindness Committee of the Fifth Grade Student Council is starting a fundraising campaign to raise money for the Epilepsy Foundation. The money supports research to treat the disease and find a cure. The committee has several fundraisers planned for the spring. The first is a coin drive that begins Monday, March 6. We have donation bins placed in each pod and one in the school lobby, as well. Today, two of our students made a school-wide announcement about the campaign. We hope you will talk with your child about this worthy cause. Please consider sending your child to school with loose change or a dollar bill to contribute to our fund raiser.
And now voices from the class:
- Duncan: Today we had book buddies
- Mady: I liked that my Mom was a mystery reader
- Chace: I liked reading Elephant Moms in my book club meeting
- Hailey: I liked making the rainbow today
- Caleb: I liked my Mom being a mystery reader this week
- Claire: I liked doing the numbers on the calendar
- Jolie: I liked doing JiJi math this week
- Luke: We got a new JiJi postcard and I liked that
- Megan: I liked the craft we made today
- Nicholas: I liked that the baby turtle is on JiJi in our postcard
- Vivian: It was fun making the rainbow with bingo dobbers
- Jason: We did two centers today
- Lily: I liked doing my job this week as the flag holder
- Xander: I liked that we had a snow day this week
- Sisira: I liked putting the treasure in my pot at the end of the rainbow
Caleb and his Mom
Mady and her Mom
Often I try and post pictures of one specific project or activity from the week that all children have participated in. These pictures, however, are random pictures from the last couple of days when kids seem to be enjoying school and each other. I’m loving how many of these choices revolve around reading!